Sword of Embera
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode Six: Wayfaring Stranger

Go down

Episode Six: Wayfaring Stranger Empty Episode Six: Wayfaring Stranger

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:43 am

Episode Six: Wayfaring Stranger

It has been well over 48 hours since we last came across my sweet little antagonist, Selina Orion. It amuses me a lot that she hasn't changed very much in all the years that I've known her. I guess it is about time that we reveal more about just whom she is.
Her father, Dimitri Orion, was a close associate of mine. We both were considered radicals a decade ago, as we supported greater rights for the half bloods of our peoples. For generations, the Elders had decided that they simply didn't exist. And this is even after hundreds of years of interactions between our people and the aliens. To ignore the plight of our relatives was something that we couldn't stand for. So we spent hundreds of our hard earned currencies to influence the notion and finally it gained an universal acceptance amongst most of our lower classes, whom have the greater amount of interaction with humans than someone like Edelweiss ever had.

Dimitri was even more radical than I was. He fell in love with a human woman named Elaine Kiril. From what I remember about her, the human had long black hair and the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen outside of my kind. Elaine was an interesting anti-thesis to her daughter. Unlike the ice queen that Selina had turned into, Elaine had a calm aura, compassionate, tender, generous, selfless...

However, since we were radicals, a certain element of the Elders decided that Dimitri and Elaine should not remain a couple. Like all those that broke the Codex of laying with a human, Dimitri was shipped off the camps were he hasn't been seen since. I managed to keep the human woman safe, along with her child. However, there was a price that Elaine had to pay. And that was to surrender her child to me when she hit the age of 12. She reluctantly agreed to this. And one her 12th birthday the child was handed over to me. I have never seen a creature weep like Elaine did. It was almost heartbreaking.

I have not seen her since that day. But I know she hasn't moved from her home. Hoping that one day that her child will return. It's been five years. I can only wonder if she still keeps up her wishes...I could use this to my advantage.

Since Selina is an expert of partisan warfare, she'll avoid contact with our kind. She's smart enough to lay low and move about at night. While I know that she's somewhere in Oren, simply invading the Tsar's domain isn't something I can do. So I have come up with an alternative. As I've been watching Cathy resting, I've realized that she's roughly the same age as Selina.

My plan is simple. Cathy will take the place of her beloved child. And now I'll have the leverage to force Selina to surrender herself to us.
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Episode Six: Wayfaring Stranger Empty Re: Episode Six: Wayfaring Stranger

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:45 am

Elaine has lost track of just how long she's been traveling. She left out of loneliness, because ever since Selina was taken away, there was nobody left to care for. No one except the family's Caucasian Shepard dog, Tynee. He was rightfully Selina's dog, since he was a birthday gift for her when she turned eight. Like many other children, she wanted a dog for a pet, with the promise to care for it everyday. Tynee grew to be an enormous, fluffy dog, about the size of a lion, and has protected Selina and her Mother very well. His loyalty to them is undying, so he's traveled with Elaine with no problem of carrying her belongings or defending her from harm.

The two sat down to rest nearby a stream. Elaine really was the young age of 37, so twenty years older than her pride and joy. Nonetheless, she's maintained a surprisingly youthful image thanks to her healthy lifestyle. Some of the women her age already had wrinkles, or something nasty happened to an organ because of smoking, if not some other bad habit. Elaine was certainly glad for her morals and wanted to remain a positive influence, should she ever be reunited with Selina.

"Oh, Tynee... Maybe we should just go back to our house soon. I'm getting tired," she said to the giant dog, stroking the thick, dark fur of his arm. Tynee was drinking from the stream, evidently thirsty from walking nonstop the past hours. She could tell he hungered as well, but knowing Tynee, he only did things on command unless he sensed aggression from someone.

"Go ahead and hunt," she told him. With that, he was up and sniffing about for food. While waiting for her companion, she shifted her weight to her knees and looked down in the water. She combed some fingers through her long, black hair while humming a song to herself.

When she looked up, a tall man with long hair and a thin woman with brown hair were walking towards her. She was silent, taking in their features... One was recognized to be a Kin; a very familiar Kin.
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:45 am

“Hello Mrs. Orion. It's been too long.” Tager said as he and Cathy walked down towards Elaine.

Like with Selina, Tager had Relic Guards spy on Elaine for years. While she was his best friend’s wife, she was still a potential danger to the political world of the Kin and he was never fond of allowing anything, distasteful happening to people whom he considered important to strengthening his causes.

“Yes, it has...” Elaine said. She then examined Tager’s face owlishly.

“How are things going for these past years?” Tager said informally. He too examined Elaine’s face with a dubious glance.

“No complaints.” Elaine said.

“I have matters to speak to you about. If you don't mind my intrusion but it is critical that we speak on this subject matter as quickly as possible.” Tager then put his hand on Cathy's shoulder. “Please wait a few minutes over near that ledge.”

Cathy then blinked owlishly at Tager but did as she was told. No point in arguing with your savior.

“Go ahead. I'm not in a hurry.” Elaine said.

“This deals with your daughter of all the people in the world.
She's gone and done something, to put it bluntly, will put the peace between the Kin and Humans in danger. That is if the wrong variables play out in the right order.” Tager mentioned, flashing Elaine a superior grin.

“Oh dear... What happened? That doesn't sound like something she'd do.” Elaine then rolled her eyes.

“About two years ago, someone attacked a unit she was in charge of. Her force was completely routed and shot to pieces. She fled the scene and is assumed to be the only survivor of the raid because of cowardice. The more conservative elements of my race have decided that she needs to be punished for being a failure and are currently trying to hunt her down. I've tried to reason with her to stay under my watchful eye. As a high ranking governor, I have enough influence these days to keep her out of harm's way. But she is, a rather stubborn child.” Tager said.

“Yes, she is stubborn.” Elaine then smiled curtly. At least even after all these years of being separate Selina kept at least a part of her mother within her. “Why does she flee from you then? Do you know where she is?”

Tager now walked over towards Cathy and nudged her forward.

“Tager, don’t try to pull that girl off as my child.” She could read him like a book. “She is from the Rice Grower stock. If you have forgotten, just like you Kin, us humans are not all of the same tribe.” Elaine said.

“What? I’d never do such an awful thing…” Tager said. He gritted his teeth. The human had foiled his original plan. Luckily he always had a plan B.

“This is Cathy.”

“Hello, Cathy. Is this girl your new pupil, or...?”

Tager now raised one of his eye brows quizzically.

“I found Miss Cathy freezing on a mountain passage way. Her family has Kin ancestry, as you can tell by the blade that she carries on her back. I try not to let my fellow Kin die, if I can save them. So I guess that you could call her a pupil.”

Cathy gave Elaine a sheepish grin and then smiled like a saint at Tager. She could feel her toes curling in her shoes. “I… Met Selina…”

“Who’s Selina?” Elaine asked.

“Oh!!!! I meant to say…Margaret! I’m so sorry, Miss! I meant Margaret during my travels at a swamp inhabited by goblins! I'm helping Tager find her! She seems like a very smart lady and I think it would really bad if anything should go wrong! Yep!”

Cathy was acting like the proverbial cat that ate the canary and Tager knew this. So he quickly intervened by placing his hand on her shoulder again. Cathy’s eyes were widening innocently. She had always been a very bad liar.

“I can confirm Cathy's statements because some of my Relic Guards picking up her movements in Swamp Town. She must be very desperate because she was travelling with a young man and the Soldier. I've never seen her go out of her to stick around with companions. As to how she encounters the Soldier, I don't know. But it disturbs me, after all these years that the old man should appear again.”

The soldier was Samson. While Elaine had only met the old partisan once or twice, she knew that Dmitri found the man to be a remarkable fighter. Of course, it helped that his wife was just as bad ass with her skills.

“She's really getting around, then. Do you know if she's okay? She's so young still; she must not know what she's doing.” Elaine asked.

“That I do not know. The last communication I had with her myself was via Relic Guards and she attacked them.”

Elaine then sighed, “I see.” She knew damned well that Tager had probably sent those steam powered machines to capture her.

“And she didn't move as quickly as she normally does in combat. Margaret is generally a quick fighter and doesn’t resort to using her elemental powers. That's why I'm concerned. She could be starting to lose hope.” Tager said.

“Well Kin are hunting her down; of course she might lose hope!” Elaine snapped.

“Which is why I need your help; as I said, she's playing a big gamble! She's headed toward Oren, since Margaret was last seen in the swamps.” Tager snapped back.

“Oren? What does she intend to do there?” Elaine asked, knowing well why Selina would head there.

“It's the only human population where the Kin won't go. She wants to blend in and become "one" of them.”

“Oh, of course. At least she's safe for now.” Elaine said.

“Yes, but if we're not careful she could wind up causing a war between the Kin and Oren. And you know what happened the last time Oren went to war with another nation. The world itself cried out in pain.”

Tager was referring to the nuclear war between Oren and the Forgotten Kingdom where Jon was born.

“Yes, you're right...”

“So I have proposal. I will allow for you to see your daughter. On the condition that you convince to abandon her plans to live in Oren. I will take her away from this continent. There's more like minded Kin, like myself that'd gladly allow for her live amongst them.”

Elaine didn’t trust this plan…But a chance to see her beloved Margaret again…It was too good a chance to pass up.

“I will try, Tager. I can't promise she'll listen to me, though.” Elaine said.

“I understand.” Tager said.
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:46 am

Before departing with Tager and Catherine, Elaine straightened herself up and whistled for her dog. Tynee came charging towards her, his giant tongue hanging from the side of his mouth. The giant dog stopped beside Elaine, and warily eyed the other two. A deep growl drummed in his throat, as if threatening to bite their heads off. Unlike other dogs of his kind, Tynee had more self control and acted less hostile. Nothing stopped him from at least warning strangers, though.

"Do not worry," Elaine cooed to the dog, petting the thick fur on his side.

Cathy seemed to be slightly intimidated by the dog, but she hadn't seen anything like Tynee before in her entire life. Tager had to pat the girl on the shoulder to bring her mind back to reality, and let her wrap her arms around his bicep as he led them to Oren. The sight was adorable to Elaine, but at the same time, puzzling. Tager never struck her as the type to let a woman cling to him. Then again... He did like attention.

Smirking at this memory, she followed the two Kin to Oren, rarely speaking a word. There was not much to talk about, honestly. Life was boring without her husband and daughter. She also just didn't feel social... The Mother was deep in thought, anxious to see Margaret again. Or... Selina. That's what she called herself now?

Thinking about it, Margaret never did like her name.
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:46 am

Down the road, a young man wearing a green cloak was hiding behind a rock. He was paying close attention to the woman with the dog and what the male Kin had addressed to her. He had been following Elaine for several days now. The young man had heard about Elaine from an anonymous source. He had learned that her husband was a very liberal Kin and that she might hold the key to saving Oren from the Tsar. He got these revelations from his dreams. It was clear now, on just what that key was. A young woman named Selina...The male Kin had put great emphasis on this character and if a mixed blood was going to enter the Tournaments, this was something that would send shock waves across the world. The young man then grinned. Maybe his plans would be easier to obtain than he thought.

This man's name was Tybalt Delgado. He had dark black hair and passed for being from the same region as Jon. However, unlike Jon, Tybalt looked like had seen a lot of events in his life. There were heavy bags under his dark green eyes; although this did little to detract from his handsome features. His hand remained grasping the fancy Cossack inspired kindjal sword that he kept on his person at all times. While he knew that he probably couldn't defeat a Kin in battle, if he was spotted he'd be ready for the fight of his life.

His thoughts were shortly distracted by Herold, a small black cat that was resting on his shoulder....

"Oh, oh...I can harass that little girl with the Kin? Can I boss? Can I?" Herold smiled as it started to nudge the side of Tybalt's head.

"All in good time. We cannot risk getting spotted by the Kin. They use machines, not magic, remember?" Tybalt responded shoving the cat away from his head.

"No, no, no, no! Everything is always about you! I wanna have some limelight for once, boss!" Herold protested.

"You're going to cause a scene. No, means no." Tybalt said.

Episode Six: Wayfaring Stranger I37067A42

"Nya...You're no fun! So you know what? I'm gonna go after her anyways!" The cat then gave a very human like grin and then began to change it's form, slowly becoming more and more human like. The being that now stood in Herold's place was a small humanoid creature with wings, red and black colored hair draped over its pale white face, and green dress that was made from a leaf. Its eyes remained very cat like, large and yellow and they stared intensely at Cathy. Herold was in fact, a brownie.

"Nya~" The brownie then flew down to Tybalt's hand and rubbed her small hands on his fingers. "She's just so cute. I could eat her up! Can I?"

"No." Tybalt quickly said, "Remember, that's exactly how you ended up a slave to my father. Fallling for cute girls....What kind of fairy are you?"

"Nya...I'm the best damned fairy you've ever met Mr. Prince of Cats. So how much longer are we going to waste time following the lady with the scary lion dog? I'm getting bored stalking her. She's like an old lady...Not hot like that really cute girl with the Kin man."

"Hush." He then cuffed the pixie in between his hands when he saw several Relic Guards fly over head. They were painted red, black, and white. These were the Colors of the House of Edelweiss, a war clan.

"Come we don't have much time."

He stood up and began once again on his journey....
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:47 am

The walk with Cathy and Tager remained silent, leaving Elaine alone with her thoughts. They were flooding with memories of Margaret, her beloved daughter, her pride and joy. Life passed too quickly, it seemed, while Selina was little. That was probably because she was separated from her so early in life. Elaine had to wonder if at all during that time, Margaret missed her. Did she feed herself alright? Did she ever fall in love? Did she make any friends? It was hard to believe that they would finally be reunited.

A warm smile touched her lips as her mind focused on a single memory...

~A cute little girl, five years old, with hair white as snow. Elaine was working in her garden, while Margaret and Tynee frolicked in the yard. There was a chocolate pie chilling in the fridge; it was Margaret's favourite. That girl seemed to love chocolate more than her own Mother!

Elaine heard bubbly giggles and an excited, barking dog. The gardening shovel was set down once she buried the last of her flower bulbs, and she then swiped her sleeve across her sweating brow. While she removed her gloves and turned around, she saw Margaret riding on the large dog's back, continuing to laugh her heart out.

"Weee! Look, Mommy! No hands!"

Little Margaret put her hands in the air as Tynee ran back and forth, his massive tongue hanging from the corner of his mouth. The Mother couldn't help but smile at the sight.

"Tynee! Attack!" One of the daughter's fingers pointed at Elaine. The dog picked up his speed and charged towards Elaine as she pretended to be in peril, with nowhere to escape. She let their family pet knock her into the grass and lick at her face, while Margaret clapped her hands and shouted out her victory. Once Tynee moved away from her, Elaine snatched the little girl into her arms and put several kisses on her face.

"I think someone's ready for a snack."
~

Elaine sighed inwardly at the fond memory, her eyes moistening. What she wouldn't give to relive those days...
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:48 am

Selina grinned as she held on to the spear.

"It is called a Hiuju staff." Selina explained. She then unscrewed the weapon, so it folded back down into a series of non-threatening looking sticks once again.

"These staffs are issued to every officer of a Kin regiment. While I was trained more along the lines of a partisan fighter; the dumb ass Tager made a smart decision for once, upon issuing it it to me. However, I've modified it enough that it's more streamline and easier to handle. Since I don't know what kinds of creatures we'll be facing off against, if you cover the rear, I can deal with the frontline. Just make sure you can run and fast. I'm not exactly known for taking it slow nor easy."

She then laughed. Maybe Selina was trying to make a joke...

"Now, we'll have to smuggle some kind of combat gear for you....If you show up in that backwoods get up of yours, the populace will want to throw you out of the ring."

Selina then eyed him over. Jon's long black leather coat was about the only thing uniformed about him and she really didn't care for the large beaded necklace that he wore either. "The key is make them assume that you belong to some kind of former military unit."

She then grabbed a sheet of paper from one of her logs and began to sketch a picture of a uniform. What Jon saw next would further add to the mystery of Selina...She was also an artist?
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jonathon seemed mesmerized by the staff as she explained what it was. He still held his new weapon as if it were a child, and then smirked as she laughed at... Something. The girl didn't have a very strong sense of humour, but she seemed to be trying. The only part of her sentence he found laugh worthy was her calling Tager a dumb ass.

"Don't worry, I won't slow you down," he promised. Jon's build was athletic for more than just working in fields. Some jobs required lots of speed, and he spent a lot of time running just for his mental health. It felt good to know that he'd be able to help her in some way, instead of being a burden.

While she made comments of his attire, he looked down at himself. It was true, he didn't resemble anyone that was once in the military. This jacket could help pull it off, but nothing else. Jon certainly didn't want to be tossed out of the ring just because of the way he looked... 'At least somebody knows what they're doing.' he thought gratefully. Then again, he never did doubt Selina's knowledge.

Curiously, he watched as she began to sketch something. A uniform, to be exact. There were more and more surprises for him everyday! The beautiful handwriting wasn't all that shocking, but... Drawing? Now he felt even more talentless in comparison to her.

"My God, what else can you do?" he asked, chuckling. Jon was clearly impressed with her, though he doubted she cared. No other woman has ever amazed him this much.
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Selina raised an eyebrow. This young man was very odd to her. Compared to male Kin, Jon clearly showed his emotions at any given time. Male Kin on the other hand, were expected to remain emotionless and remain ever stoic. Is this what made humans so dangerous? They clearly lacked the ability to master themselves. It took her a while to respond to Jon's question. It was clearly not a literal question since he laughed. That meant it had to be a sign that he was impressed by something she did.

"I do what I need to do." Was Selina's response.

She looked at the drawing, noticing that Jon kept staring at it and back at her. "It's not that impressive..." She said.

Selina then grabbed the piece of paper from Jon and folded it up. She didn't want him getting any idea that she might be a passive artist fartist sort.

"We'll have to find the proper material. Then we'll have Alia make it for you. I saw her mending up the clothing for that little girl that had with her...Nana?"

Selina then began to pace back and forth. The room was small and she really didn't want to be couped up anymore.

"So how about it? We'll blow this Popsicle stand and go find you a proper uniform?"
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:49 am

Jonathon should have expected that she wouldn't simply say 'thank you' when given a compliment. Everything she did, was just something she needed to do. Surely, she had some hobbies to be proud of. Everybody did. This was no time for him to lecture her, though. Sometime in the future, he'd have to teach her to be more... Human. It seemed wrong to ignore that half of her.

"Yeah, Nana" he confirmed, getting the weapon comfortably strapped behind him while she paced about in the room. This place really was compact... Not to mention filthy. Sleeping outside in the grass sounded a lot more enjoyable than this. Though, this did have a roof.

Jon nodded to her, making a simple smile. "Let's get outta here. I hate it," he replied, walking over to the door just seconds after his words. He pulled it open a crack to peek outside, searching for anyone that might be a threat. Honestly, he didn't trust anyone here, except for the people he traveled with. People and Kin always seemed to be targeting them!

"Looks like we're clear to go..." he mumbled.

Selina looked left and right. It did appear that everything was in the clear. She was going to step out first. That was until Jon grabbed her by her arm and then crossed it with his own.

"You know..." He said, "I think that maybe we should try to blend in more with the human population..."

Jon was certainly acting a little bolder than he had at the start of their journey just a few days earlier. He liked the adventure that seemed to follow this young wayfaring stranger. She was a mix of a mentor, soldier, and woman all rolled into one young form.

"....You are right." Selina said. "Just don't get any bright ideas, got it?" Selina said. Her voice was sharp as it always was. But if Jon paid close attention the young soldier was slightly blushing. She wasn't used to close contact with others. Jon was colder than she was. Of course, the Kin were bettered designed for the coldness of the planet than these new comer aliens.

They both walked at a slow pace. While Selina had planned to act like they were little more than siblings, it was clear that it would be better to act like a legitimate couple...
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:50 am

Being this close to Selina, he admitted, was nice. As expected, she was a little annoyed by it, but this was for her safety as much as his. They could probably pass off as siblings now that she looked more human with that makeup job. He'd be the elder brother, looking after his little sister. Though, should trouble come along, Selina would doubtlessly be the one defending him. That would raise some suspicions...

Whilst linking arms with her, they strolled through a street of Oren, eyes peeled for what they were looking for. Something Jon noticed was just how warm she was. All this time, he called her an ice princess, yet her body temperature could melt that frigid solid within seconds. He could feel himself getting warmer, making him almost want to take his coat off.

Jon couldn't help but get distracted, though. He's never seen a place like this before! Now that he was walking through it, his mind was wandering, asking questions about how buildings looked inside or what the wood in the windows tasted like. The brightness in his eyes was youthful, though he remained calm, resisting the urge to make a goofy smile. They had a little mission, after all. Hopefully, they could explore Oren some more. Should the event come that he is banished, or even killed, he'd regret the lack of traveling through it.

"I wonder where Samson and those girls are," he said quietly, mostly to break the silence between them.
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

The city of Oren was much more advanced than the regions that Jon and Selina had previously visited. To the travelers and tourists to this land, they would call it the Land of Towers. Indeed, there were hundreds of skyscrapers that loomed over their heads. Selina decided to look straight forward. While she wanted to look up and be amazed by the scenery, Selina just couldn't. Not with Jon in front of her, at least. There was something about him that made her feel that she would have to keep her stern persona up. Deep in her heart, she was envious of him. Jon had never encountered death on the scale that she had. She still wished that he would have left her during the attack on Swamptown. At least, he would be able to keep his humanity, unlike how she had lost her own...

"I'm not sure." Selina said passively, "I'm sure he had some magical way to..."

They then felt two giant hands rest on their shoulders.

"Magical way to do what?" Samson said. Both Jon's and Selina's hearts were now racing. "Sorry kiddies, didn't mean to scare ya. I decided to stick in the rear alleys near the stables where they kept you for the games. Since Selina is a sly little bugger, I figured she'd escape with relative ease. My home is over this way. Come on. I'll sign a waver to allow you too stay with me during the games. I'm a vet, afterall."
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jon tensed when Samson came up behind them so sneakily, settling his large hands on their shoulders. If he didn't hear that familiar voice, he would have done something rash. Almost instantly, Jon relaxed under the old man's hand, his threatened face turning into his regular, usual expression. "Magical way to do... That," he answered, smirking over his shoulder.

That smirk turned into a thankful smile. It was nice to hear that they could stay with him, instead of that junk home they were thrown into. Jon's home on the farm was nothing glamorous either, but it was like a paradise compared to that shack!

"Thanks Sam. Did you want to go, Selina? Or should we keep walking?"

They were out on a mission, after all. Also, it wasn't Jon's place to make these decisions. She knew what she was doing, he was simply following.
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:51 am

"I think, it would be better if we stick with the Old Man for the time being. While I don't like admit it, Samson knows his way around Oren better than I do. I'll assume you were a front lines sort of guy in the Final Rift War of thirty years ago." Selina said.

"Hahahaha." Samson then slapped her hard on the shoulder. "If ya weren't such a bitch, I'd like ya even more."

"Don't touch me, you old pervert." Selina said dryly.

"Cranky, aren't ya. Anyways, just follow me then." Samson said, while starting to walk towards his home.

Selina's decision to follow Samson would be one of those events, that would change her life forever....

Episode Six: Wayfaring Stranger Steambug

A small beetle like Relic Guard loomed overhead. It's scanners had picked up high concentrations of heat coming from the eastern sectors of the city. It had been programed to sense any sort of unusual concentrations of power; either physical or magical. There had been a sudden spike in both heat and Rifts energy. These readings were then sent over to a group of men that spent their entire lives tapping away in front of screens. This Relic Guard had sent it's findings to these men.

"Holy shit." One of the men said, "There was a spike in Rift energy in the Eastern Sector. The Guard also picked up high levels of heat coming off from two citizens that walked past it. I think that it could be a Kin, should we inform the Tsar?"

"How do you know for sure?" Another asked.

"It's simple, really. Remember in grammar school, we can always find out that it is a Kin because only they can control Rift Energy without needing machines and they have a core body temperature that's higher than a humans..."

"I don't we should inform him, just yet. Remember, these machines have recorded high levels of energy in the past but we haven't found any Kin in the City. Let's face it, that Kin would have to be some kind of wayfaring stranger to come to a Kingdom like ours. The Kin are not humans, so they hate our guts. It is as simple as that. There is no grey in these sorts of matters."
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chavah Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:51 am

Oren was coming into view for Elaine, who had a hand hooked onto Tynee's collar. She was feeling nervous, therefore felt the need to hold onto something. For her own comfort, she traveled behind Tager and Catherine the entire way. Most of the journey had been silent... There was nothing she wanted to talk about. Besides, she had no news to share with Tager. Life got dull after Margaret left her and she certainly didn't have a husband to be entertained with.

This city was impressively huge; she could be anywhere! Even from afar, she could see the skyscrapers. If she had an item of Margaret's, there was no doubt that Tynee could track her instantly. Sadly, she had nothing. The only materialized memory she had of her daughter was a picture in a locket around her neck.

Something Elaine didn't notice was that Tybalt was stalking them. She and the dog were too occupied with the city they'd soon enter, which was already filled with strangers they didn't trust. With every step she took, she felt her pulse beat faster. Finally, after all these years, she'd see her little girl again!

When they reached the gates, she waited patiently for their turn to enter. She wondered if Tager would have any trouble getting in... Elaine wasn't up to date on the rules of the world. Kin and humans just didn't get along for reasons she wished would go to rest.

End of Chapter Six
Chavah
Chavah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down